06 April 2013

April 6 Photo: Air

Downtown Calgary - Bow Building
Not able to see all 58 stories of The Bow in downtown Calgary

Downtown Calgary
An unusually foggy day in Calgary

Downtown Calgary
The Bow on the left - the Calgary Tower straight ahead - Suncor Energy Centre on the right. 

Riley Park, Calgary
Riley Park, Calgary


I wasn't sure what I would do with the theme of "air" but the weather gave me a hand providing these atmospheric pics.

It is General Conference weekend and so I typically wouldn't plan to be out and about and less so when you consider the weather.  However, I love this kind of day. I do wish I were reading a book and curled up by a fireplace. Or in the case of the day, curled up on the sofa watching a session of Conference. Not the case - I was taking care of one of my presidential responsibilities and meeting our treasurer to co-sign a number of cheques. I had a bit of extra time before the second session so I slipped down to MOCA (Museum of Contemporary Art) to view the University of Calgary student exhibition. Some pieces I would have loved to exhibit on my walls. I found out one of my favourites was sold to a fellow Artist Trading Card collector, who had picked up three of the student works.  Next year, I'll have to pay attention and stop by sooner (after breaking into my toonie jar)!

I didn't take any pictures inside the gallery but the following was taken just outside.


Outside MOCA in Downtown Calgary
A twist on Knit-bombing?? Outside of MOCA in downtown Calgary.

Tomorrow's theme is "Dreamy".  Can today's pictures count twice??

No comments:

nRelate - All Sections